Streamline Mechanical Services, is a fully licensed Level 2 Electrical provider servicing the Central Coast. John Mac our electrician here at Streamline is fully licenced, insured and trained in level 2 electrical work.
A level 2 electrician is different from a normal electrician in the way that they hold more qualifications, experience and responsibility. This allows the level 2 electrician to complete work such a connecting and disconnecting from the main electricity network. This work is considered more dangerous and therefore requires that the electrician had additional training and licences to complete the work. An authorised level 2 electrician must be authorised/accredited to complete level to work and is the only electrician able to complete level 2 contestable work.
WHAT IS AN ASP?
An accredited and authorised service provider (ASP) is an electrician who is certified, insured and has the correct qualifications certified by the electrical authorities of the NSW state government.
Why do I need a level 2 electrician?
Level 2 electricians are authorised to work on or near Ausgrid and endeavour energy’s network.
- Examples of the type of work a level 2 electrition is required:
- Overhead service and underground mains
- Switchboard upgrade
- Metering and energising
- Power Line Work
- Overhead service mains
- Consumer & sub mains
- Single and three phase
- Ausgrid defects
- Low voltage mains
- New installations and maintenance
- Mains upgrade
- Service / barge Fuse repairs
- Service Mains Upgrades
- Consumer mains upgrade - This is done when the point of connection and existing wiring system do not comply, may be undersized due to the additional stress on the electrical system. A normal electrician can complete this work, but a level 2 electrician may be required to connect/disconnect these services.
Yes all level 2 electricians can complete work that a standards electrician can undertake, Level 2 electricians are electricians with additional qualifications.